Vocal and Acting Studies
Types of studies:
- BA Studies – intramural – 4 years, specialty: Solo Singing and Acting
- BA Studies – extramural – 3 years, specialty: Solo Singing
- BA Studies – intramural and extramural – 3 years, specialty: Musical
- BA Studies – extramural – 3 years, specialty: Solo Singing, language of tuition — English
- MA Studies – intramural and extramural – 2 years, specialty: Solo Singing — Opera
- MA Studies – extramural – 2 years, specialty: Solo Singing — Opera, language of tuition — English
- MA Studies – intramural and extramural – 2 years, specialty: Solo Singing — Early Music
- MA Studies – extramural – 2 years, specialty: Solo Singing — Early Music, language of tuition — English
- MA Studies – intramural and extramural – 2 years, specialty: Solo Singing — Chamber Music
- MA Studies – extramural – 2 years, specialty: Solo Singing — Chamber Music, language of tuition — English
- Doctoral Studies — extramural, language of tuition — English
- Postgraduate Artistic Training
- PhD Studies
The powers of the Department Council:
The Council of the Department of Vocal and Acting Studies is entitled to award the doctoral and post-doctoral degrees in the field of musical arts, artistic discipline of vocal studies.
Aims and activity:
The Department prepares young art professionals in terms of singing and acting to work both at musical theatres – opera, operetta, musical, and activity on concerts stages in various vocal forms – song, cantata, oratorio. The curriculum covers the subjects providing vocal preparation (Solo Singing, Work with Pianist, Opera Stage Development, Study of Recitative, Execution of Baroque Music, Chamber Music, Vocal Ensembles) as well as general music and humanities subjects.
In order to allow students obtain vocal and stage experience the Department cooperates with the Great Theatre – National Opera and the Warsaw Chamber Opera, where students realize full size opera performances.
They also have a chance to participate in numerous concerts at the university and outside of it. The Department employs a qualified staff of outstanding pedagogues with unquestioned artistic and scholarly achievements.
Solo Singing classes are taught by: Robert Cieśla, Ryszard Cieśla, Ewa Iżykowska-Lipińska, Krystyna Jaźwińska-Dobosz, Izabela Kłosińska, Jerzy Knetig, Małgorzata Marczewska, Mikołaj Moroz, Anna Radziejewska, Jadwiga Rappé, Włodzimierz Zalewski. Lecturers with a post-doctoral degree: Jolanta Janucik, Dorota Radomska, Eugenia Rozlach, Artur Stefanowicz; lecturers with a doctoral degree: Robert Gierlach, Magdalena Idzik DMus, Małgorzata Kubala; assistant: Ae-Ran Kim MA, Anna Mikołajczyk-Niewiedział MA, Yeoi-Young Sohn, DMus.
Co-workers: Professor Ryszard Karczykowski
Lecturers of drama subjects: Michał Chorosiński MA, Professor Grzegorz Chrapkiewicz, Wojciech Kępczyński MA, Magdalena Kizinkiewicz MA, Krzysztof Ogłoza MA, Katarzyna Skarżanka DMus, Magdalena Smalara MA, Jitka Stokalska MA.
Lecturers of dance and movement subjects: Klaudia Carlos-Machej PhD, Aleksandra Dziurosz DMus Hab., Agnieszka Perzyna MA, Zofia Rudnicka DMus Hab., Anna Sąsiadek MA, Bernadetta Wojdat-Sujkowska MA, Ryszard Wojtala MA.
From the Academic Year 2010/2011 candidates for the second degree studies can apply for widening their chosen Major with multimedia subjects, in a form of an individual plan of studies, as part of the project called the Inter-University Multimedia Program (MSM) run by the Department of Sound Engineering, which is a continuation of the project co-financed by the Operating Programme “Human Capital” as part of the European Social Fund.
Dean: Professor Ryszard Cieśla, DMus Hab.
Deputy Dean: Assistant Professor Jolanta Janucik, DMus Hab.
Secretary: Katarzyna Kicman MA, e-mail: email@example.com, ext. 222, Agnieszka Danecka MA, ext. 249
Room 307, tel. (48 22) 827 72 41 ext. 222, 249